Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day8-Oct 30

Its the day before halloween. I haven't gone out in a month. Actually more than a month, maybe a month and half, and i must say i miss it. The thing is, at first i didn't have the time to go out because i was cooped up in the library all the time studying, but now i'm finally done with midterms, at least for now. But now that i want to go out i realize that i have no one to go out with. I feel like i have no friends anymore. At least not here, im tired of the bubble all the dominicans live in, and the one reason why i left Dominican Republic and came to school here was to get away from how way things were back home. But i spent my first 2 years here living the same life i lived when i was home, going to the same places, talking about the same things, not trying anything new, not taking advantage of the opportunity that i'm lucky to have by being here, and just doing that same things every day, every weekend, every week, every month and every year.

Except this year, this year i have disconnected myself completely from them, from the life i used to lead here, i haven't been out in weeks, in a month and a half actually. And i was happy about it, but now that i have done this, now that i want to forget everything, now that i finally want to go out with my friends i realize that i dont have any friends anymore. I have no one to go out with and no one to call. I isolated everyone and the only friend that i still have, left me one the weekend of my birthday and went to new york for the weekend. I haven't even been able to celebrate my birthday, which was 2 days ago. So, its friday night and i'm sitting in my couch writing about how pathetic my life is, and at 10:00 i'm ready to go to bed. So, im off to bed. 'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment