Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day26-Nov 17


Day 1 of no smoking again.
Day 2 of no makeup
Day 2 of eating in
Day 2 of being more outspoken in class.
Day X of attempting to manage my time.
Day X of recycling/reusing paper.
These are my experiments. For now.


How have i been doing in each of these?
Summary:

-Well, i failed not smoking but i'm trying again. This time i'm pretty confident i'll make it just because i'm more determined than ever. I don't expect to fail twice at the same thing.

-Wearing no makeup is not making me feel good at all. I realized maybe not wearing any makeup isn't the solution. I don't really think there is anything wrong in wanting to feel good about myself, on making an effort towards my appearance, where the problem definitely lies is why do i need to put makeup on to feel good? Answer: self-esteem issues. How to fix this? no idea.

-Eating in is going well, i actually like it, it makes me feel more productive and less wasteful.

-Speaking up in class, well i tried it in my consumer behavior class, it actually wasn't as scary as i thought it would be. Truth be told it was just a question, but it's an improvement for me and i do feel good about it. Need to continue doing it in my other classes not only this term but the rest of my terms.

-Learning to manage my time better has not proven to be an easy task and the results are mixed. I found that it depends on the type of work that i'm trying to start on time. If i'm actually interested in the assignment, or the paper, or the subject then i have no problem in starting my work early and i actually do manage my time pretty well. However, when the assignment just feels like a chore, and does not interest me at all (most of the time), then i don't manage my time well at all. I actually get distracted all the time, and i procrastinate as much as ever.

-Recycling/reusing paper is going well. I try to save as much as i can, and reuse every single
sheet of paper. In a small way i feel like i am making a difference in the world or at least in myself, regardless of how small it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment